Pigging technology has become an integral part in many different application fields. Here, in most industrial applications liquid media are pumped and the pipelines are used as a means of transport. Using pigging technology in the next process step the product is transferred out of the pipeline quickly, almost completely and cost effectively. Here the demands of each industry are different, but the pigging solutions are similar. In the following you will find more information about the different industries and the specific pigging systems as a completion of the industrial process.
Product handling in the chemical industry requires a superior technology. Cross-contamination as well as product hardening have to be avoided. With pigging technology these high quality standards can be implemented. Pigs with good chemical resistance and optimised scraping performance are as necessary as stations with almost no pockets as pig receiving and launching stations. I.S.T. has developed pigging systems for many different demands of the chemical industry. These systems guarantee process reliability in many industrial plants.
I.S.T. serves following subsectors:
Industrial pigging technology has its seeds in the lubricant industry. Here the advantages of pigging were discovered early and therefore it has still been implemented in many industrial plants. The conditions of this lubricating product are ideal for the pigging process. In this industry the possibilities vary from simple manual systems up to complex constructions which interconnect many plant areas like a network with help of piggable pipelines. We have been successful in this field for more than 40 years.
Products which can age or spoil require a production plant that can easily be cleaned. Components and equipment are designed considering hygienic requirements for a cleaning procedure without any residuals.
A pigging system especially designed for these requirements can drastically reduce the cleaning process periods. The pigging sequence is often done within a few minutes, so that complete product utilisation in the pipeline is facilitated. This leads to cost savings through product loss reduction and a quick re-availability of the equipment after short pigging / CIP sequences.
I.S.T. serves following subsectors:
In many industries the supply of larger raw material quantities cannot be met directly at site, this means there are often long distances to be covered. Raw materials which have to be stored are often delivered by ship and the tank field for storage is far away. Here the optimum transport means is a pipeline system. With help of a pigging system this process can be optimized so that the pipeline is completely emptied, product mixtures are avoided and there are no costs for disposal of residual products.
- No product in the pigging system after pigging process
- No product ageing due to products remaining in the pipeline
- Minimisation of risks by pipeline emptying
- Complete product availability
- Reduction of investment costs thanks to multiplex use of piggable pipelines.
- Reduction of costs for cleaning and disposal by complete pipeline emptying
- Reduction of process time for pipeline emptying
- Reduction of environmental impact by avoiding rinsing media and product disposal
- Sustainable process method for protection of natural resources
- Avoidance of cross-contamination between different media in a pipeline
- Closed one pig system
- Pressure free pig exchange
- Locking device at the changing station with safety device
- Compact design, arranged on a skid
- Low maintenance
- Possibility of automatic or manual operation
- Maximum reliability and protection against leackages and accidents
- Easy and quick seal replacement
- Preferrential dimensions for pigging systems are described in our "Recommendations".
|Nominal sizes||DN 150 - 300|
|Pressure stage||PN 10, 40#|
|Materials in contact with product||1.4301, carbon steel|
|Seal materials||NBR, FKM|
|Materials not in contact with product||Aluminium|
|Optional function||Electric actuators|
Do you already make the best out of your pipes?
If you would like further information about the industries we serve, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be pleased to send you more detailed information, or to give you advice at a more personel level.